Dear Valued Customer,
Now that we are delivering within the Greater Sydney Region, it is important that we all comply with NSW Health to ensure the ongoing safety of our employees and the community. Hymix wishes to reiterate that any supply to sites and the associated workforce will be in line with the most up-to-date NSW Public Health Orders and restrictions. As an example, ensuring employees present a negative test result in the stipulated period for affected LGAs prior to attending work.
During the two week construction pause, we have used the time to work with our stakeholders to reinforce and update our COVID-Safe protocols to include additional measures. These additional measures have been in place from 31 July to ensure we continue to do our bit to fight the spread.
From an operational perspective, we carry out a daily review of the NSW Public Health Orders and restrictions internally and with industry to ensure our protocols are up to date. We know these measures will give us the best possible opportunity to work together and get back up to speed.
To ensure our Covid safe protocols are as effective as possible we need your help. Likewise, if you have site specific instructions, please let us know so we can work with you to ensure your Covid Safe plan is followed.
Please see our new COVID-Safe protocols and what we need from you to help keep us all COVID-Safe and our industry operating.
What we need from you:
- Ensure your site has a Service NSW COVID-19 QR Code or register available at the delivery or testing locations.
- Create exclusion zones for our delivery drivers & suitable zones for testers to ensure social distancing.
- Do not make physical contact with Hymix vehicles, equipment or staff.
- If you need dockets, from 31 July they will be displayed on the side of trucks in docket pouches for viewing & photos. We will not be providing dockets in order to avoid close contact.
- Ensure that your construction works are in the approved LGAs and in line with the most up-to-date NSW Health requirements.
- For additional delivery information, please use the Hymix online Hub.
- For running totals, please use your OnSite App or call our customer service centre.
Additional measures implemented:
These measures are additional to those already in our comprehensive Covid Safe plan, which has been in operation for the last 18 months.
- Creation of separate work zones across Sydney Metro with trucks and employees managed to minimise interaction with people outside of their zones. The aim is to group trucks, plants and technical resources in order to avoid mingling. Currently we have split Sydney into 4 work zones.
- Increased segregation of employees while onsite with an aim to minimise interaction between various work groups. To assist with this, we are arranging portable toilets and water stations at relevant operations.
- We will be minimising technical and sales site visits and all will be outdoors.
- Aside from the QR code sign-in, we are implementing QR codes for additional work locations, such as batch rooms, offices, lunch rooms etc.
- We are working to improve camera coverage to provide better contact tracing data and facilitate better data of people movements onsite.
- Relevant sites and trucks have undergone deep cleaning.
- Additional cleaning equipment and materials have been organised to further increase visibility and access.
- We have partnered with a Private Pathology lab to conduct onsite testing at our Sydney operations.
If you have questions about any of these new COVID-Safe measures, please don’t hesitate to reach out to your Hymix representative. We are eager to speak with you.
Finally, we know some of these protocols are different from how we have all operated previously and will take some getting used to. We appreciate your ongoing support in helping us do our bit to help stop the spread of COVID.
We are confident that as long as we all work together we will get the best possible outcome.
Until our next delivery to you, please keep safe.
Need additional information?
Visit the NSW Health website for information – COVID-19 (Coronavirus) (nsw.gov.au)
NSW Public Health Orders – Temporary gathering and movement restrictions – NSW legislation
Details on the Hymix COVID-19 response can be found on – Insights | Hymix Concrete Supplier
NSW State Manager